Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hard to put into words

The weekend seems to have passed by in a blink again. I have a couple of different takes on how the weekend went for me. Either it was a great end to a great week in which I made love to my wife nearly everyday, or this weekend was the culmination in one long frustrating week of battling with my oldest daughter over chores and basic morals. I am not sure which one of these two topics to take head-on. I have been sitting here for a couple of minutes trying to decide what to write about. I have been listening to my Pandora stations trying to let the music decide or at least set the mood. It was not working at all. So now I am just streaming my consciousness as best I can.

It's been bothering me for a while now the idea of writing a story on Google Docs program. I have been trying to decide if I trust Google enough not to steal from me. I know that I am not going to write the next great American novel but it bothers me that I am using a service for free and storing my creative work on their servers for free also. I have a strange feeling like somewhere in the millions of lines of legalize that I agreed to when I signed up with Google I gave away my every word and thought. It's stupid to think about these things part of me says. Because the reality is that I cannot afford to pay for any service anyways. Plus, what makes me think anyone is going to want to steal my ideas anyways?

So that is a small glimpse into my troubled mind. I let little things get to me without knowing how or why I should care about them.

No comments: