Sunday, April 05, 2009

So the world has not come to an end yet

It has been a while since I have written an entry. Life is continuing on a pace. I have been out on the road for almost three months on my own. I just completed a whole week working as a regular district car. I was nervous about working with other deputies that I have not worked with before. If anything freaks me out more that screwing up is screwing up so that it puts my fellow deputy in harms way. I know that some might say that I shouldn't be so paranoid about the danger on the streets of Littleton, CO. I say if we don't stay vigilant we will fall prey to danger.

My son is going in for surgery tomorrow. My parents, my wife, and I all prayed over my son this evening. It feels good to have faith that allows me to bring before God something so simple but so scary. I don't know if I fully appreciate the danger my son faces even in this routine surgery. I think it is a combination of pure ignorance of the danger and reliance on God.

No comments: